Do you have “joint pain?” It may caused by “wear and tear” arthritis. Arthritis is bony growth or spurs on the bones where muscles attach.
Or maybe it is NOT caused by arthritis.
Most pain is caused by muscles and muscles are fixable. This is true even if your doctor sees arthritic changes on an x-ray.
We all have bony changes but we do not all have pain!
Joint pain is often really muscle pain. We think it’s joint pain because that’s where we feel it–in the joint.
But here’s the cool thing:
When you ‘release’ or relax the muscles that cross over the joint, the pain goes away. You can relax the muscles with massage, self-massage, heat or cold.
Have you heard me say that bodies heal all the time? That’s just because it’s true! 🙂
And that goes for joint pain, too.
When you skin your knee or cut yourself you can watch it heal over the course of several days. But when the pain is inside, you can’t see it heal.
But it can and it does.
Bodies heal all the time. That includes arthritic aches and pains.
But you have to give your body what it needs to heal and get rid of your arthritis symptoms:
1. Bodies love gentle, frequent movement. You were born to move.
2. Bodies need good nutrients and lots of water. Avoid the things that cause inflammation. Those things include sugar, sweeteners, flour products and, for lots of us, milk. Eat real food. Healthy stuff.
3. Think positively. Imagine that your joints are healing and think thoughts of wellness.
4. Massage your muscles. You can do-it-yourself or have professional therapeutic massage. Muscles love a good massage! Massage relaxes muscles and helps them function properly.
5. Check your posture. If you find yourself slouching try to straighten up. Pretend a hook is lifting your breastbone to the sky. If you collapse, just straighten up again. Poor posture is a major cause of arthritis and joint pain.
Taking these steps will help you start to feel better all over and if you take care of yourself and give your body what it needs you might just find that the pain from “arthritis” in your joints is going away…naturally.